Sunday, October 4, 2015





OCEANAISDE ARTS COMMISSION MEETING OCTOBER 5, 2015  ~ 3:00 PM

This new feature of the Artists Alley Blog is to report on the state of the Arts in Oceanside CA. This blog has been online for the past three years and dealt mainly with the  artists, and happenings in public art events and on the viewing of those events on a community level.

The Art Watch Oceanside feature will endeavor to keep our readers informed as to the official publications of our Arts Commission, the City Council, and the Region of our greater sphere of influence.

As a past Oceanside Arts Commissioner I no longer speak from the City sponsored and sanctioned view, but rather as a private citizen who for the past 25 years has worked in many areas of furthering the Fine Arts for the City of Oceanside. My work has been not only on the Arts Commission, but as a member of the Redevelopment Committee in the 90’s as well as the Design Review Committee.   

My personal interest stems from the establishing of the first artist studio and gallery in Artists Alley. This is my history and in the here and now, I have worked with Main Street Oceanside in an advisory role.

With my membership in several Art groups I have an ongoing professional interest and strive to help my fellow artists for the advancement of public awareness of their talents and accomplishments in their work.


It is my sincere hope that this page will put our City’s new Arts and Theatre District in a more official format and that our readers will be able to take part in  the new opportunities for Public Art. 

Agenda item no. 6  ~ Lot 23